What are the eligibility requirements?
- An undergraduate degree, or equivalent.
- You will need to demonstrate sufficient knowledge in the subject you are applying to teach, either through your degree qualification, your A Levels or relevant experience.
- Grade 4 (C) or above in English and Maths, or equivalent qualification.
- To teach Primary, you will also need Grade 4 (C) or above in Science GCSE.
- We will not consider candidates with pending GCSE's. Functional skills qualifications are not equivalent to Maths and English GCSE's.
- We accept most equivalency test providers. You will need to have passed your GCSE equivalency test before applying to our programme; we will not be able to process your application until you have passed.
- Overseas qualifications will be reviewed by ENIC to ensure they meet programme requirements.
This is a challenging course. To succeed, for both yourself and your pupils, you need determination and a commitment to education. A passion for your subject or phase is essential; a wide range of skills, knowledge, experiences - and an aptitude for teaching others, of course - all help.
Flexibility and independent problem-solving skills are crucial qualities.
Your capacity to form positive relationships with your pupils and colleagues is paramount in teaching, providing you with the emotional and practical support network you need under pressure.